:: Starter Activities
Circles - Suggested Statements
• I believe it’s the government’s job to make sure waste is disposed of
properly, not mine.
• I believe people who use cars should have to pay high taxes to pay for the
damage they cause to the environment.
• I believe we don’t need to bother about using up resources. There will always
be plenty for everyone.
• I believe people in other countries should learn to look after themselves.
They’re not our responsibility.
• I believe women are exploited far more than men in the world.
• I believe it’s more important to be trendy than environmentally friendly.
• I believe that what I buy in the shops is my business and doesn’t affect
anyone else in any way.
• I believe people should always get a fair wage for the work they do.
• I believe the most important thing in choosing what we buy is value for money.
• I believe we’ll always find new resources even if we use up those we’ve got
• I believe it’s just not possible to produce something without it doing a bit
of environmental damage.
• I believe that, wherever possible, producers should try to use renewable
materials and sources of energy.
• I believe it makes sense to try to design all products in such a way that they
can be reused or recycled.
• I believe it’s much more important to be able to get a product easily than to
be bothered about where it has come from or who made it.
• I believe that people have a free choice about where they live. If they choose
to live where there’s a danger from pollution then that’s their problem.
• I believe that when children are used to make products, their families will be
better off because there’s another income.
• I believe there’s poverty in every country. We should be bothered about our
own poor people, not those in other countries.
• I believe people who make products have a much harder job than those who sell
them so they should get more of the profits.
• I believe it doesn’t really matter whether something is needed or not – making
new products always creates jobs for people.